Engineering Officer, Materials Technology
Environmental Management Division
Post Date : 24 May 2019
- Implement government-funded projects and consultancy projects related to nonwovens, fibres and functional materials
- Undertake technical works and other project implementation activities for the R&D projects
- Manage system operation, conduct regular inspection and maintenance in laboratory and workshop
- Source and liaise with vendors on purchases for projects and functions
- Provide support to ad hoc projects and assignments
- Occasionally travel to Mainland China for project implementation
- Bachelor Degree or above in Textile & Apparel, Sciences, Materials, Manufacturing, Product Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in nonwovens manufacturing an advantage
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills with technical competence
- Mature, self-motivated and work with passion
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.