Senior Manager, IT Applications
Management Information System Unit
Post Date : 29 March 2019
- Manage the full cycle of software development projects and lead IT Applications Team to develop, maintain and provide support to in-house developed or packaged solutions to meet business needs
- Plan, manage, control, monitor and execute against project plan and ensuring on time, on budget and quality delivery of system changes and implementation
- Provide technical direction in the design, development, testing and pro-active system monitoring of software development
- Ensure the development, maintenance and support of in-house developed and packaged solutions following the change control procedures and conform to regulatory requirement
- Participate in IT strategic plan and make recommendation for enhancement of IT solutions, assist team members to resolve complex and exceptionally difficult problems
- Manage team performance, develop training plan for developing team members’ capability and career
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related disciplines or equivalent
- At least 15 years’ experience in IT Application / Software development
- Solid track records in large-scale implementation and system integration; wide exposure in software application development and packaged solutions
- Good business sense. Proficiency in project management and vendor management
- Good leadership demonstrated in people management and IT governance
- Proactive, independent and able to work under pressure
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.