Manager, IT Applications
Management Information System Unit
Post Date : 11 June 2019
- Execute the full cycle of software development projects
- Manage subordinates and/or contractors to develop, maintain and provide support to in-house developed or packaged solutions to meet business needs
- Act as the project manager or deputy project manager for medium size projects
- Provide business input and technology advice to lead requirements analysis and system design. Manage subordinates to perform software analysis, code analysis, and identification of
- code metrics, system risk analysis and software reliability analysis
- Perform the QA role of software development project, provide 2nd level of maintenance and support to in-house developed and packaged solutions
- Review change request and procedures as well as making recommendation for approval for changes
- Review existing systems, evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Maintain and review software documentation as required to ensure proper software version control and change control are in place
- Provide ad hoc support on client projects if needed
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- At least 6 years’ experience in IT Application / Software development, with 3 years experience in the capacity as a System Analyst preferred
- Solid track records in medium to large-scale implementation and system integration; wide exposure in different software development tools and programming framework
- Able to lead a small development team and solid experience in vendor management
- Mature, multi-tasking, and able to work independently and under pressure
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.