Engineering Officer, Metals and Materials Technology
Smart Manufacturing & Mainland Business Division
Post Date : 24 May 2019
- Assist to develop forming process and materials technology for hybrid metal-plastic/composite sheet
- Conduct R&D works on metals, ceramics and other materials forming, machining, joining, casting as well as alloys, composite and other special materials development
- Assist to provide consultancy services on metals processing and failure analysis
- Collect information and formulate government project ideas on technology and industry development, upgrading and dissemination
- Assist to compile technological publications and articles
- Develop, market and organise new technology training, seminars, exhibitions and other events
- Support ad hoc projects and assignments when required
- Travel to Mainland China and overseas occasionally for project implementation and new technology study
- Bachelor Degree or above in mechanical engineering, materials science, manufacturing engineering, metallurgy, physics or related disciplines from a local university
- Knowledge and skill in programming, computer aided design and engineering analysis or data analytics will be an advantage
- Working experience in technology research and development is preferable
- Good presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Mature, self-motivated, confident and able to work under pressure
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua. Command of 4th language such as German or Japanese will be an advantage
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
This is a position funded by the Internship Programme of the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) R&D project from March 2019 to September 2020.
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.