Postdoctoral Researcher, Autonomous Driving Technologies (Ref: APAS022/20)
Postdoctoral Researcher, Autonomous Driving Technologies
Automotive Platforms & Application Systems R&D Centre
No. of vacancy: 2
Post Date: 10 February 2020
- Initiate and implement R&D projects in Smart Mobility, focus especially in Autonomous Driving, Tele-operated Driving or vehicles control technologies
- Work as a researcher, including support and conduct the development work, collect and analyze data, develop sensors, system modeling and simulation, intelligent control system and algorithm, design the mechatronics system, testing and commissioning, prepare proposals and reports
- Lead, manage and conduct R&D projects to keep project progress on track to completion. Ensure fully compliance with project goals and Innovative Innovation and Technology Fund(ITF) project requirements. Report project progress and issues in timely manner
- Organize and deliver promotional activities related to the projects, such as study missions, presentation on workshops or technical seminars, etc.
- Foster strong partnership with industry partners and Universities
- Support ad hoc projects and assignments when required
- Doctorate Degree in fields such as Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Robotics, Automotive or related disciplines
- R&D Experience in autonomous driving, computer science, automation, or automotive technologies，IoT, Communication, or Multi-Media technologies
- Experience or knowledge in any one of following expertise a plus:
- Image processing and Computer Vision technology
- Sensor Fusion for autonomous driving or mobile robot
- Smart sensor technologies for autonomous driving, such as LiDAR, Radar, Camera
- Robotic Operation System (ROS)
- IoT Connection or Information and Communication Technology
- Computing vision or image processing
- Real-time video stream processing and transmission
- Strong analytical mind with problem solving aptitude
- Mature, self-motivated and devoted with passion for technical work
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
This is a position funded by the Postdoctoral Hub Programme under the Technology Talent Scheme of the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) R&D project from December 2019 to June 2021.
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) within 2 weeks.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.