Postdoctoral Researcher, Hardware Design (Ref: APAS070/20)
Postdoctoral Researcher, Hardware Design
Automotive Platforms & Application Systems R&D Centre
Post Date: 27 May 2020
- Participate in hybrid/electric R&D projects involving electric powertrain, vehicle system control, energy storage, solid-state battery, fuel cell, EV charging and whole vehicle integration
- Assist in research on braking control algorithm in use of mm-wave sensor and ultrasonic sensor solutions
- Understand monocoque vehicle body design and assist in relevant development works
- Carry out microcontroller based electronic designs for both hardware and embedded software development
- Liaise and work with clients and technical partners to achieve project goals
- Provide support in performing tests of R&D/engineering systems and problem troubleshooting, enhance the product performance in meeting specifications and/or client requirements
- Prepare technical specifications for the project deliverables, test plans and test reports
- Doctoral Degree in Automotive / Electrical / Electronic / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Candidates with solid whole vehicle structural design and hybrid/electric vehicle project experience in university or private sector a strong plus
- Good R&D experience and knowledge in at least one of following expertise:
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA), and whole vehicle structural design analysis
- EV vehicle system controller (VCU)
- MM-wave sensor, ultrasonic sensor and radar sensor application designs
- PLC application and C programming design in CoDeSys development system
- Responsible, self-motivated, good analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate result-oriented attitude, good interpersonal and team spirit
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
This is a position funded by the Postdoctoral Hub Programme under the Technology Talent Scheme of the Innovation and Technology (ITF) R&D project from March 2020 to September 2022.
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) within 2 weeks.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.