Postdoctoral Researcher, Smart Sensors
Automotive Platforms & Application Systems R&D Centre
Post Date: 19 June 2020
- Implement APAS R&D Centre technology roadmap in Smart Mobility initiative and related products, focus especially on sensors and perception algorithms for autonomous driving technologies
- Conduct R&D works related to sensors and perception algorithms for autonomous driving technologies
- Liaise and work with clients and technical partners to achieve project goals
- Implement R&D projects and keep project progress on track to completion, ensure full compliance with project goals and ITF requirements, and report project progress and issues in a timely manner
- Foster strong partnership with R&D partners and universities
- Assist in organizing and delivering promotional activities related to the projects such as study missions, workshops, technical seminars, etc.
- Doctoral degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Mechatronics or related disciplines
- Candidate with development experience in at least one modern programming language and expertise working with mainstream scripting languages (e.g. Python/C++/C/C#/Matlab M script and Simulink, Java, Swift, etc.)
- Good R&D experience in LiDAR sensor, computer vision for robotics or autonomous driving applications, such as objects recognition, localization through 2D images or 3D point cloud data, charactering the objects and the scene’s attributes, etc. a strong plus
- R&D experience in building AI models in platforms such as Keras and TensorFlow, embedded Linux system based program an advantage
- Knowledge of Robot Operating System (ROS) a plus
- Passionate for automotive and connected vehicles, and willing to learn
- Creative problem solving skills, Good team spirit and can work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua a plus
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
This is a position funded by the Postdoctoral Hub Programme under the Technology Talent Scheme of the Innovation and Technology (ITF) R&D project from March 2020 to September 2021.
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) within 2 weeks.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.