Postdoctoral Researcher, Smart Electronics
Smart City Division
Post Date: 4 August 2020
- Initiate and implement R&D projects in Automotive / Electronics, focus especially in System design and software programming
- Conduct the development work, collect and analyze data, develop sensors, system modeling and simulation, intelligent control system and algorithm; design the mechatronics system, testing and commissioning; prepare proposals and reports
- Lead and manage projects, keep track the project progress to completion. Ensure full compliance with project goals and Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) project requirements. Report project progress and issues in timely manner
- Organize and deliver promotional activities related to projects, such as study missions, presentation on workshops or technical seminars, etc.
- Forge strong partnership with industry partners and universities
- Support ad hoc projects and assignments when required
- Doctorate Degree from Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Robotics, Automotive or related disciplines
- R&D Experience in sensor technologies, computer science, automation, or automotive technologies, IoT, communication, or multi-media technologies
- Experience or knowledge in any one of following expertise a plus:
- Software / hardware design in radar systems
- Sensor fusion for automotive electronics
- Smart sensor technologies for autonomous driving, such as LiDAR & Camera
- Building AI models (CNN) in platforms such as Keras in Linux OS
- Robotic Operation System (ROS)
- IoT Connection or Information and Communication Technology
- Strong analytical thinking with problem solving aptitude
- Mature, self-motivated and devoted with passion for technical work
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
This is a position funded by the Research Talent Hub under the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) to conduct R&D project from June 2020 to December 2021.
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) within 2 weeks.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.