Senior Data Scientist (Ref: Flair237/19)
Senior Data Scientist
Hong Kong Industrial Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Centre Limited (Flair)
Post Date : 27 July 2020
- Bring the latest analytical techniques plus a deep understanding of industry dynamics and application demands to create the most value from data for projects with different purposes
- Propose and evaluate technical ideas with other functional units so as to design a suitable solution against the requirements and demands of the industries and projects
- Create innovative approach and technical development roadmap for data-driven R&D tasks and implementation plan
- Prototype statistical analysis and modeling algorithms and apply these algorithms for data driven solutions to problems in new domains
- Lead project team to carry out R&D tasks against the plans and complete the projects (including R&D work, project documents, technical report and paper, patents, etc.) as scheduled with high standard
- Build up and maintain a good network with other professional organisations so as to acquire new technologies and create synergy
- Master or above Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, related disciplines or equivalent
- 6 years or more hands-on working experience on mathematical modeling, statistics, data mining, time series, optimization with demonstrated knowledge of machine learning, statistical and data mining techniques (regression, decision trees, clustering, neural networks, etc.)
- Proven experience in working with large databases and relational databases (SQL)
- Familiar with software development skills in one or more high level languages (C#/C/C++/Java/F#), one or more scripting languages (Python/Perl/Shell), knowledge of R or other statistical package. Expertise any of the common Machine Learning tools (Weka, RapidMiner, KNIME, Scikit Learn, SAS, SPSS, ModelBuilder, Tensorflow, Caffe, PyTorch etc.) a plus
- Previous experience as Project Leader for data-driven projects, or demonstrated potential from other leadership roles
- Good writing, presentation, communication and analytical skills
- Passionate, mature, self-motivated, and able to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Good command of both spoken and written English, Chinese (including Putonghua) preferred
- Applicants may be considered for other positions (e.g., Data Scientist, etc.) if not matching all the requirements of the subject position
Flair will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by email to email@example.com (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) within 2 weeks.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by Flair within 12 months.