Senior Engineer/ Researcher, Robotics and Intelligent Systems (Ref: Flair236/19)
Senior Engineer/ Researcher, Robotics and Intelligent Systems
Hong Kong Industrial Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Centre Limited (Flair)
Post Date : 3 July 2020
- Study the robotics and intelligent system technology trends and applications for industries, especially the manufacturing industry, so as to identify the potential solutions for industries’ productivity improvement and upgrading
- Propose and evaluate technical ideas with other functional units so as to design out a suitable solution against the requirements and demands
- Work out the system design and define the technical development roadmap of robotics and intelligent system applications with implementation plan of R&D tasks, especially on mechatronics, structure, materials, sensors, actuators, etc.
- Be responsible for the solution development on different modules of the robotics and intelligent systems for the applications on smart manufacturing with new technologies, including but not limited to smart mechatronics, robotics, precise instrument, smart materials, IIoT, sensors, machine vision, actuators, human-machinecollaboration, etc.
- Lead project team to carry out R&D tasks against the plan and complete the projects (including R&D work, project documents, technical report and paper, patents, etc.) as scheduled with high standard
- Manage and supervise the suppliers/vendors to deliver services as requested
- Bachelor or above degree in Mechanical Engineering, Automation, Mechatronics and Robotics, related disciplines or equivalent
- 6 years or more hands-on working experience in design and development of intelligent systems, robotics, customized automation
- Rich experience in technical and innovative solutions development and system integration, and familiar with CAD/Solidworks, simulation software, and other related software toolkits
- Good understanding and/or knowledge of intelligent robotics and/or smart manufacturing an advantage
- Good writing, presentation, communication and analytical skills
- Passionate, mature, self-motivated, and able to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Good command of both spoken and written English, Chinese (including Putonghua) preferred
- Applicants may be considered for other positions (e.g., Engineer, Robotics and Intelligent Systems) if not matching all the requirements of the subject position
Choice of title “Engineer” or “Researcher” is subject to the candidate’s experience and job assignments.
Flair will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) within 2 weeks.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by Flair within 12 months.