Unit Head, Intelligent Robotics and Automation (Ref: SMD034/20)
Unit Head, Intelligent Robotics and Automation
Robotics and Artificial Intelligence Division
Post Date : 3 March 2020
- Lead the team to develop and implement the unit’s strategy and execution plan to achieve the annual strategic goals, financial targets and other KPIs as defined by the Council
- Carry out researches on market demands and technology development trends to identify new business opportunities and new product and solution offering which can benefit Hong Kong industries and society
- Oversee the Unit’s operations, improve customers’ satisfaction by achieving a high standard in client project execution, and be compliant with the standard practices as set by the Council
- Continuously develop technologies (either in-house or via partnership) on smart manufacturing, artificial intelligence, robotics, and any other related areas
- Nurture the Unit’s talents and technical capabilities to drive business growth and enable sustainable development
- Enhance the Unit’s reputation and leading role in the industry by developing and maintaining relationships with key industry players, industry associations, academia, professional bodies in Hong Kong, Mainland and overseas
- Take on ad-hoc projects / initiatives as required by the Council
- Bachelor Degree or above in disciplines such as Automation, Intelligent System and Control, Mechatronics and Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, System Engineering or equivalent. Master or PhD degree holders are highly preferred
- 18 years’ working experience (for Bachelor/Master Degree holder) or 15 years’ working experience (for PhD Degree holder), with last 5 years in management positions
- Track record in managing a business unit, business development, technology development related to intelligent robotics and automation
- Experience in leading a team with people development skill
- Ability to lead in a fast paced and dynamic environment and effectively handle multiple priorities
- Innovative thinking in problems solving
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Good connections to the industries, associations and professional bodies
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by email to email@example.com (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) within 2 weeks.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.