Chief Compliance Officer (Ref: ARO093/20)
Chief Compliance Officer
Internal Audit and Risk Management Office
Post Date: 15 May 2020
The Hong Kong Productivity Council (HKPC) is a statutory organisation established in 1967, dedicated to helping Hong Kong companies enhance their business productivity and competitiveness. To meet the challenges of a rapidly evolving business environment, we are looking for a seasoned executive for the post of Chief Compliance Officer (CCO).
- Be a strategic business partner in the senior management team by formulating audit policy and strategy and enforcing practices to safeguard the Council
- Provide professional advice to the Council and business on compliance and regulatory matters, and risk management
- Ensure the full compliance of governance at the corporate level in the course of achieving our goals and objectives
- Review and enhance existing policies and processes from the auditor role whilst maintaining balance between governance and operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Identify and examine risk areas related to financial and operational processes, perform compliance audits and propose appropriate internal control systems and measures in line with the mandate for corporate governance
- Provide compliance-related training to heighten awareness and build the compliance culture
- Lead, develop and conduct the audit programmes tasked by the Audit Committee (AC), and formulate solutions to address the issues/ gaps identified
- Support the management and AC in matters or projects related to internal control or corporate governance mandates
- Provide secretariat support to the AC meetings
- Lead and develop a strong team with mandate to drive a compliance culture to maintain a high standard of excellence in processes and policies
- Master/ Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- At least 20 years’ working experience, with 10 years or more relevant experience in senior management roles gained largely with sizeable/ multinational organisations or high growth technological companies
- A qualification of CPA (Certified Public Accountant) required, and preferably with CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) qualification, and qualification of CISA (Certified Information Security Auditor), CISM (Certified Information Systems Manager), CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- Experienced strategic partner to senior management, HKPC Council and internal stakeholders in leading key initiatives
- Excellent and proven track record in planning, conducting, reviewing, reporting and making value-added recommendations on financial and operational audits, including IP protection, IT and cybersecurity, etc
- Demonstrated growth mindset and new ways of working to optimise performance, with proven record of developing organisations
- Ability to work and lead in a fast paced and dynamic environment, and effectively handle multiple complex and competing priorities independently
- Good business acumen, with ability to influence staff and managers at all levels
- Strong judgement sense, crisis and risk management skills and managed to address critical issues proactively and tactfully
- High level of professional integrity, strong analytical skills, self-motivated, assertive and meticulous
- Experience in working with HKSAR and/or Mainland Government will be an advantage
- Proficient in both written and spoken English and Chinese, including Cantonese and Putonghua
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) within 2 weeks.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.