Engineering Officer, Metals and Tooling Technology (Ref: SMD066/20)
Engineering Officer, Metals and Tooling Technology
Smart Manufacturing & Mainland Business Division
Post Date : 8 April 2020
- Carry out design and technology evaluation tasks for tooling, equipment, jig & fixture and materials for new metals processing and machinery development projects, such as refill friction stir spot welding, accumulative sheet roll bonding, hybrid material forming and new materials die casting
- Conduct R&D works on tooling and processing equipment development for metal, ceramics and composites forming, casting, joining, surface structuring and sintering
- Assist to provide consultancy service on metals processing, materials and tooling technologies
- Assist to compile technological publications and articles. Generate new technology development ideas and proposals
- Develop, market and organise new technology training, seminars, conferences and other programmes
- Support ad hoc projects and assignments when required
- Travel to Mainland China and overseas occasionally for project implementation and new technology study
- Master or Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering, materials science, manufacturing engineering, physics or related disciplines from a local university
- Knowledge and skill in CAD/CAM/CAE required, preferably with some knowledge of programming and data analytics as well
- Working experience in technology research and development preferred
- Practical industrial working experience in factories engaging in tooling, metals products or machinery manufacturing an advantage
- Good presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Mature, self-motivated, confident and able to work under pressure
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua. Command of 4th language such as German or Japanese will be an advantage
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
This is a position funded by the Internship Programme of the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) R&D project from April 2020 to December 2021.
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by email to email@example.com (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) within 2 weeks.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.