Postdoctoral Researcher, Metals and Machinery Technology
Smart Manufacturing Division
Date: 6 October 2020
- Carry out development on alloys, creamics and other new materials and their processing technologies
- Conduct R&D works on machinery, machining and materials technology development
- Assist to provide consultancy service on machinery and automation systems development as well as metals machining, die casting, forming and joining
- Collect information and formulate government project ideas on technology and industry development, upgrading and dissemination
- Compile technological publications and articles, apply patent for innovations
- Develop, market and conduct new technology training, seminars, conferences and other programmes
- Support ad hoc projects and assignments when required
- Travel to Mainland China and overseas occasionally for project implementation and new technology study
- Doctoral Degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, metallurgy, physics or related disciplines from a local university or world top 200 university
- Working experience in R&D, government project and patent application preferred
- Industrial experience in machinery, equipment and tooling design and development an advantage
- Knowledge and skill in programming, CAD/CAM/CAE, data analytics and artificial intelligence a plus
- Good presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Mature, self-motivated, confident and able to work under pressure
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua. Command of 4th language such as German or Japanese will be an advantage
- Applicants with less working experience may be considered and offering other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
This is a position funded by the Research Talent Hub under the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) to conduct R&D project from April 2020 to December 2021.
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by email to email@example.com (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) within 2 weeks.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.