Assistant Engineering Manager, System Design (Ref: APAS146/20)
Assistant Engineering Manager, System Design
Automotive Platforms & Application Systems R&D Centre
Post Date: 20 July 2020
- Responsible for project implementation including feasibility study, solution development of consultancy and government funded projects about Smart Mobility
- Design and develop hardware and software solutions in Smart Mobility areas like intelligent driver/transport systems, wireless connectivity, telematics, robotics, AI & Data Analytics, etc
- Supervise and lead teammates on hands-on tasks including software programming, hardware design & build, firmware coding and product testing, etc
- Liaise with technical solution partners or suppliers
- Prepare technical documents for the project deliverables, design drawings, test plans and test reports
- Support the project management and ad hoc tasks when required
- Occasional travel to the mainland China when required
- Bachelor Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science Engineering or equivalent with hands on experience in research and product development work
- 4 years or above working experience in system design for robot system, automotive electronics, machine vision or AI application system
- Experience in C++/C programming
- Experience in Linux based programming, Python, Matlab Simulink, Robotic Operating System (ROS) an advantage
- Experience in any one of below skills an advantage:
- Robot arm control and application
- Motor control and automation control system
- Application design with 16-bit MCU, 32-bit ARM or FPGA based microcontroller and programmable logical controllers
- Programming in Linux Operating System
- Hardware PCB electronic schematic and layout design
- Electrical system design
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by email to email@example.com (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) within 2 weeks.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.