Engineering Officer, Hardware Design
Automotive Platforms & Application Systems R&D Centre
Post Date: 22 September 2020
- Participate in hybrid/electric R&D projects involving electric powertrain, vehicle system control, energy storage, solid-state battery, fuel cell, EV charging and whole vehicle integration
- Assist in research on braking control algorithm in use of mm-wave sensor and ultrasonic sensor solutions
- Understand monocoque vehicle body design and assist in relevant development works
- Carry out microcontroller based electronic designs for both hardware and embedded software development
- Perform PCB schematic and layout designs, hands-on electronic product assembly works in laboratory such as PCB circuit debugging, wiring, soldering, etc.
- Compile technical documents for the project deliverables, design drawings, test plans and test reports
- Provide on-site electric vehicle testing and support service to project clients
- Support ad hoc tasks as required
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Automotive / Electrical / Electronic Engineering or equivalent from a local university
- Candidates with solid electric vehicle project experience in university or private sector a strong plus
- Good experience in at least one of following expertise:
- EV traction motor control
- High power and EV battery system designs
- Application design with 16-bit MCU or ARM based microcontroller, MCU programming (C language) for sizeable control system
- Hardware PCB electronic schematic and layout design
- Responsible, self-motivated with good problem solving skills. Good interpersonal and team spirit
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
This is a position funded by the Research Talent Hub under the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) to conduct R&D project from March 2020 to September 2022.
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by email to email@example.com (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) within 2 weeks.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.