Engineering Officer, Software Design
Automotive Platforms & Application Systems R&D Centre
Post Date: 19 June 2020
- Responsible for project implementation including feasibility study, solution development and software design for government funded projects in smart sensors for Autonomous Driving technologies
- Cooperate with team-mates on hands-on tasks, including ROS based software programming or cloud computing programming or firmware coding and product testing, etc.
- Liaise with technical partners or suppliers from identifying suitable solutions to design realization as required in projects
- Prepare technical documents for the project deliverables, test plans and test reports
- Support the project management and ad hoc tasks when required
- Receive training in and occasional travel to the mainland China when required
- Bachelor or Master Degree from local universities in Computer Science Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Communication Engineering or equivalent disciplinary, fresh graduate is welcome
- Program experience in Python/C++/C/Matlab M script and Simulink
- Experience or knowledge in any one following skills a plus
- Developing cloud applications running on Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Service, Google Cloud etc.
- Building AI models in platforms such as Keras, TensorFlow
- Programming in Linux Operating System or Robotic Operating System (ROS)
- IoT devices and/or Information Communication Technology
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
This is a position funded by the Internship Programme of the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) R&D project from March 2020 to September 2021.
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) within 2 weeks.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.