R&D Manager, Intelligent System (Ref: APAS130/20)
R&D Manager, Intelligent System
Automotive Platforms and Application Systems R&D Centre
Post Date: 9 September 2020
- Lead R&D activities related to intelligence like Big data / Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) / Internet of Things (IoT) / Robotics / Human-Machine Interface (HMI), etc.
- Initiate, build & manage R&D projects by going through market analysis, customer-oriented surveys, technical solution partners line-up, project execution and field application support
- Keep projects progress on track to completion. Ensure project goals are fully compliance with the Innovation & Technology Fund (ITF) requirements. Compile progress reports and issues in timely manner
- Supervise and lead teammates including hands-on tasks for software programming, hardware design & build, firmware coding and product testing, etc.
- Conduct and/or attend seminars, workshops, symposiums & conferences of related technology as well as to disseminate the project results for commercialization and publicity
- Implement and strengthen APAS’s technology roadmap in Intelligent System initiatives and related automotive applications
- Occasional travels to Mainland China may be required
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science / Electronic, Information or Computer Engineering / Mechanical & Automation Engineering or equivalent with at least 4 years working experience with hands on experience in research and product development work
- Experience in C++/C/Java programming is required
- Experience in at least one of the following skills - computer vision / deep learning / Robotic Operating System (ROS) / Embedded software programming / Sensor & IoT communication technologies
- Strong sense of responsibility, good communication skills, able to coordinate various resources and achieve common goals
- Experience in partnering with local / Mainland China R&D partners, institutes and universities is preferred but not a must
- Self-initiated, mature and highly-motivated with strong sense of responsibility. Good interpersonal skill and housekeeping practices
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) within 2 weeks.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.