Engineering Officer, Automotive
Smart City Division
No. of vacancy: 2
Post Date: 23 June 2020
- Responsible for project implementation including feasibility study, solution development and automotive/mechanical/electrical/electronics design for government funded projects in Automotive related systems
- Cooperate with team-mates on hands-on tasks including system design and mechanical and electrical design and product testing, etc
- Liaise with technical partners or suppliers for solutions
- Prepare technical documents for the project deliverables, test plans and test reports
- Support the project management and ad hoc tasks when required
- Occasional travel to the mainland China for assignments
- Bachelor or Master Degree from local Universities in Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Communication Engineering or equivalent, fresh graduate is welcome
- Experience in automotive related projects, mechanical and electrical/electronics design
- Experience or knowledge in any one following skills a plus
- Automotive system design
- Mechanical design
- Use of various mechanical tools for prototype fabrication
- Building AI models in platforms such as Keras in Linux OS
- IoT devices and/or Information Communication Technology
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
This is a position funded by the Internship Programme of the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) R&D project from March 2020 to March 2022.
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by email to email@example.com (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) within 2 weeks.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.