Engineering Officer, Smart Electronics
Smart City Division
Post Date: 23 September 2020
- Responsible for project implementation including feasibility study, solution development and software/ hardware/ firmware design for government funded projects in Automotive related electronics systems
- Cooperate with teammates to complete hands-on tasks including software programming, hardware design and product testing, etc
- Liaise with technical partners or suppliers for solutions
- Prepare technical documents for the project deliverables, test plans and test reports
- Support the management of projects and ad hoc tasks when required
- Support training and occasional travel to the mainland China when required
- Bachelor or Master Degree from local universities in Computer Science Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Communication Engineering, mechanical Engineering or equivalent, fresh graduate is welcome
- Experience in sales engineering, mechanical design, computer programming and electronics circuit design
- Experience or knowledge in any one following skill a plus
- Benchmarking and marketing skills in technologies
- Computer programming in Python or C
- Arduino programming
- Mechanical design using Solidworks or Fusion
- Electronics design using PADS or Designspark
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
This is a position funded by the Research Talent Hub under the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) to conduct R&D project from June 2020 to December 2021.
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by email to email@example.com (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) within 2 weeks.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.