Postdoctoral Researcher, Automotive
Smart City Division
No. of vacancy: 2
Post Date: 23 June 2020
- Initiate and implement R&D projects in Automotive / Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics, focus especially on system and mechanical design
- Support and conduct the development work, collect and analyze data, system modeling and simulation, intelligent control system and algorithm, design the mechatronics system, testing and commissioning, prepare proposals and reports
- Lead and manage R&D projects and keep project progress on track to completion. Ensure full compliance with project goals and Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) project requirements. Report project progress and issues in timely manner
- Organize promotional activities related to the projects, such as study missions, presentation on workshops or technical seminars, etc.
- Build strong partnership with industry partners and universities
- Support ad hoc projects and assignments
- Doctorate Degree in Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer
- Science, Mechatronics, Robotics, Automotive or related disciplines
- R&D Experience in automotive technologies, sensor technologies, computer science, automation and/or IoT communication technologies
- Experience or knowledge in any one of following expertise a plus:
- Automotive system design
- Mechanical design
- EV Charger system design
- Electrical system design
- Building AI models in platforms such as Keras in Linux OS
- IoT devices and/or Information Communication Technology
- Strong analytical mind with problem solving aptitude
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
This is a position funded by the Postdoctoral Hub Programme under the Technology Talent Scheme of the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) R&D project from March 2020 to March 2022.
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by email to email@example.com (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) within 2 weeks.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.