Data Scientist (Ref: Flair159/20)
Hong Kong Industrial Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Centre Limited (Flair)
Post Date : 30 July 2020
- Study the latest analytical techniques as well as industry dynamics and application demands to create the most value from data for projects with different purposes
- Propose and evaluate technical ideas with other functional units so as to design a suitable solution against the requirements and demands of the industries and projects
- Implement the innovative approach and technical development roadmap for data-driven R&D tasks
- Develop statistical analysis and modeling algorithms and apply these algorithms for data driven solutions to problems in new domains
- Carry out the projects (including R&D work, project documents, technical report and paper, patents, etc.) as scheduled with high standard
- Handle adhoc projects and assignments when required
- Bachelor Degree or above in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, related disciplines or equivalent
- 2 years or more working experience on mathematical modeling, statistics, data mining, time series, optimization with demonstrated knowledge of machine learning, statistical and data mining techniques (regression, decision trees, clustering, neural networks, etc.)
- Familiar with software development skills in one or more high level languages (C#/C/C++/Java/F#), one or more scripting languages (Python/Perl/Shell), knowledge of R or other statistical package. Expertise in any of the common Machine Learning tools (Weka, RapidMiner, KNIME, Scikit Learn, SAS, SPSS, ModelBuilder, Tensorflow, Caffe, PyTorch etc.) a plus
- Good writing, presentation, communication and analytical skills
- Passionate, mature, self-motivated, and able to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Good command of both spoken and written English, Chinese (including Putonghua) preferred
- Applicants may be considered for other positions (e.g., Research Assistant) if not matching all the requirements of the subject position
Flair will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) within 2 weeks.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by Flair within 12 months.