Engineering Officer / Postdoctoral Researcher, AI & Robotics
Robotics and Artificial Intelligence Division
Post Date: 6 October 2020
- Support implementation of government-funded project in the field of AI and robotics
- Perform research and development assistant role, the duties include: conduct the development work, collect and analyze data, develop intelligent system and algorithm, design the mechatronics system, testing and commissioning, prepare proposals and reports
- Learn and master application of different techniques or technologies, including AI, machine learning, mechanical design, simulation, system design, mechatronics, machine vision, etc.
- Support ad hoc projects and assignments when required
- May need to travel to PRC when required
- Bachelor degree or above from disciplines such as Automation, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electronics, Computer Engineering, Information System, Artificial Intelligence or equivalent from a local university or world top 200 university
- Working experience in R&D, government projects and patent applications preferred
- Knowledge and skills in programming, CAD/CAM/CAE, data analytics and artificial intelligence a plus
- Good presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Mature, self-motivated, confident and able to work under pressure
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Candidate with “Doctoral Degree” would offer the post of Postdoctoral Researcher with much job responsibilities
- Applicants with less working experience may be considered and offering other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
This is a position funded by the Research Talent Hub under the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) to conduct R&D project from May 2020 to April 2022.
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) within 2 weeks.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.