Postdoctoral Researcher, Mechatronics and Robotics
Hong Kong Industrial Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Centre Limited (Flair)
Post Date: 17 August 2020
- Implement the R&D work focusing on the technologies and solutions development for intelligent mechatronics system, robotics system, intelligent system and control strategy/algorithm, sensor and sensor network, data acquisition, IoT, and etc. so as to address the real application demands on AIoT, Intelligent Machine, Intelligent Processes, and Intelligent Manufacturing mainly from manufacturing industry
- Study the new technologies and applications development trend of intelligent sensor, IoT, edge computing, intelligent control, intelligent machine, digitalization and intelligent manufacturing so as to develop the suitable proposals accordingly
- Carry out R&D tasks against the plans and complete the projects (including R&D work, project documents, technical report and paper, patents, etc.) as scheduled with high standard
- Train up the young engineers and partnership with others in the solutions development
- Assist in organizing and delivering technical activities, such as workshops, technical seminars, training, and etc.
- Support ad hoc projects and assignments when required
- Doctorate Degree from disciplines such as Mechanical Engineering, Automation, Mechatronics, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, and Robotics or equivalent from a local university or the world top 100 universities
- Project experience in R&D on robotics, intelligent mechatronics system, intelligent system, intelligent manufacturing and related areas preferred
- Knowledge and skills in mechanical design, robotics control, automation, intelligent perception, intelligent systems and related software toolkits
- Good presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Mature, self-motivated, confident and able to work under pressure
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
This is a position funded by the Research Talent Hub under the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) to conduct R&D project from September 2020 to August 2023.
Flair will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) within 2 weeks.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by Flair within 12 months.