Senior Engineer, Electrical and Electronics (Ref: Flair160/20)
Senior Engineer, Electrical and Electronics
Hong Kong Industrial Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Centre Limited (Flair)
Post Date : 12 October 2020
- Study the automation and intelligent motion control technology trends and applications for industries, especially the manufacturing industry, so as to identify the potential solutions for industries’ productivity improvement and upgrading
- Analyze the requirements and participate in proposal development and design reviews at all levels
- Coordinate with mechanical and algorithm development functions to satisfy project requirements as a whole system
- Architect and implement flexible intelligent automation and robotics system controls using but not limited to sensors/ vision systems/ IIoT/ servo systems/ electric motors & drives/ pneumatic control and sizing/ robotic systems & tooling/ wire & cabling/ control cabinets/ PLC/ PC/ embedded systems/ SCADA, etc.
- Be responsible for control system integration including communication networks, fieldbus, robotic interface, and other software systems
- Lead project team to carry out R&D tasks against the plan and complete the projects (including R&D work, project documents, technical report and paper, patents, etc.) as scheduled with high standard
- Manage and supervise the suppliers/vendors to deliver services as requested
- Bachelor or above degree in Electrical, Automation, Mechatronics, Robotics, and related disciplines or equivalent
- 6 years or more hands-on working experience in design and development of motion control systems, robotics, customized automation
- Rich experience in system analysis/ modeling/ design, and automatic control fundamentals in classical and modern control methodologies (e.g., adaptive control/ robust control/ optimal control, etc.)
- Good understanding and/or knowledge of automatic control system and robotics applications, and experience with different fieldbus architectures such as Ethernet/IP, and Profinet
- Good writing, presentation, communication and analytical skills
- Passionate, mature, self-motivated, and able to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Good command of both spoken and written English, Chinese (including Putonghua) preferred
- Applicants may be considered for other positions (e.g., Engineer, Robotics and Intelligent Systems) if not matching all the requirements of the subject position
Flair will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) within 2 weeks.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by Flair within 12 months.