Part Time Intern (Ref:PCA096/20)
Post Date : 22 May 2020
• Support the daily operation of our makerspace - Inno Prototype, such as the booking and usage of machines, assist members on their prototyping projects and answer their enquiries.
• Operate and maintain the machines in Inno Prototype, such as 3D printers, laser cutting machines, grinding machines, lathing machines and others
• Assist the Technical Supervisor to teach instructional training involving use of equipment to members
• Provide training and ensure compliance with health and safety procedures for safe usage of machinery, equipment and tools
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Student studying Higher Diploma/ Associate Degree / Bachelor from disciplines such as Mechanical Engineering or equivalent in local universities/academic institutions
• Experience in operating and maintaining variety of 3D printers and laser cutting machine is highly preferred. On-the-job training will be provided for the operation of each machine.
• Interest in prototyping and one-of-a-kind work
• Interest in makerspace working environment and develop future career in related field
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, customer-oriented, self-motivated and detail-minded
• Excellent PC skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Chinese Word Processing)
• Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, including Putonghua
Note: This is a position of Part-time internship programme of maximum one year working for 8-16 hours per week subject to work arrangement. (Preferably to work for 3 half-day per week, working time can be discussed)
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by email to email@example.com (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) within 2 weeks.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.