Engineering Officer, Advanced Metal Processing Technology
Smart Manufacturing & Mainland Business Division
Post Date : 20 July 2020
No. of vacancy: 2
- Conduct literature review for identifying R&D project ideas related to the development and application of advanced metal processing technology
- Support project prospection with clients and technology partners
- Prepare R&D project proposals
- Support project leader to manage R&D projects and monitor progress
- Provide solutions for tackling the technical difficulties in on-going R&D projects
- Assist to formulate commercialisation plan for developed technologies, including reaching out to potential industrial clients and providing manufacturing support service, etc.
- Support ad hoc assignments when required
- Occasional travel to Mainland China and overseas for project implementation and new technology study
- Master or Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering, materials science, manufacturing engineering, electrical engineering or related disciplines from a local university
- Skill in CAD/CAM/CAE and knowledge of programming an advantage
- Fresh graduates are welcome, preferably with experience in technology research and development
- Practical industrial working experience a plus
- Good presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Mature, self-motivated, confident and able to work under pressure
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
This is a position funded by the Research Talent Hub under the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) to conduct R&D project from April 2020 to October 2021.
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) within 2 weeks.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.