Assistant Laboratory Officer, Surface Analysis and Material Testing (Ref: SMD245/20)
Assistant Laboratory Officer, Surface Analysis and Material Testing
Smart Manufacturing & Mainland Business Division
Post Date: 19 October 2020
- Undertake Laboratory/Materials Testing, related consultancy and R&D in materials development on surface finishing technologies (such as electroplating, vacuum coating, other coating methods), nano-technology, various materials (including metals, plastic and ceramic products) and related green technology
- Assist in laboratory operation (Analytical Chemistry) in HOKLAS accredited laboratory
- Assist laboratory officer-in-charge in daily operation and maintaining the quality system of Materials Testing Laboratory
- Carry out test method development and related quality control processes
- Responsible for daily maintenance of instruments
- Undertake different ad hoc R&D projects
- Higher Diploma / Bachelor in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent with 2 years or more relevant experience
- Experience in analytical chemical testing in HOKLAS accredited laboratories is a plus
- Working experience in different characterization methods such as ICP-OES, XRF is preferred
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Positive, creative, analytical and good troubleshooting skills
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) within 2 weeks
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.