正如其他不少网站一样，我们会透过「曲奇」档案自动记录阁下的到访资料。「曲奇」是一种发送至阁下电脑的小型数据结构，用以记录阁下曾到访本局网 站，并在阁下将来再到访时予以识别。这些「曲奇」档案可能会永久地储存于阁下的电脑中，但它们是无害的。阁下可以中止这些「曲奇」档案的执行，不过这样做 可能会影响阁下浏览本局网页。我们透过「曲奇」档案收集的资料，包括阁下使用的网页浏览器类型及版本、电脑操作系统、互联网协议地址，以及伺服器的域名 等。这些收集到的资料，本局仅会用于编製本局网页的到访人数及使用情况的一般统计资料。除非阁下明确地向我们提供，否则本局不会收集阁下的个人资料。
不过，在申请接受本网页某项服务时，我们可能会要求阁下按自愿原则提供某些个人资料，包括阁下的姓名、电话号码、住址、电邮地址、图文传真号码、信 用卡号码、发卡银行名称及信用卡有效期限等。收集这些个人资料的目的，会详列于每个要求阁下提供个人资料的网页上。拒绝提供个人资料，可能导致香港生产力 促进局不能处理阁下的有关要求。
本局十分重视个人资料的保安问题。本局的总政策是，除非法律上要求或得到阁下事先的同意，否则绝不会向任何第三 者披露任何个人资料。个人资料一旦储存于本局网站，将只能由本局获授权的僱员接触。本局的在线订购程序使用SET及SSL+加密标准进行数据传输，以确保 阁下的个人资料受到妥善保护。本局还会不时向处理个人资料的僱员就此私隐政策作出指引，以确保有关政策得到严格遵守。
香港生产力促进局保留对本私隐政策声明作出修订、变动或修改的权利，这包括完全由本局决定，不时更新此私隐政策 声明、或在本网站的特定网页上张贴或加插通告。请紧记不时参观本局网站，阅览本局对上述私隐政策声明所作的任何修订，以及了解这些修订对阁下使用本局网站 之影响。如阁下继续使用本局网站，即表示阁下接受该等修订。
Data Collection and Use
Your personal data may be collected by us on a voluntary basis when you visit our website, attend our events, use our services, register or communicate with us.
The categories of personal data that we may collect, process and use will include:-
- your personal information, contact details such as your name, gender, age, phone number, fax number, correspondence address and email address;
- your interests, preferences, opinions and feedback;
- your responses to market surveys and contests conducted by us; and
- details of your visits to our website and other information collected through cookies and other tracking technology including information that you look at. We may also collect information about you that is publicly available online, including your social media profiles.
We may not collect, process and use your sensitive Personal Data unless your explicit consent has been granted to us.
Your personal data may be processed and/or used by us for the following main purposes:-
- to provide our information and services to you;
- to respond to your inquiries;
- to mail communications, publications, invitations and such like as you may select, request or as we may consider to be relevant to you;
- for general market research; and
- for registration or enrollment of events and courses organized by us or our business partners.
The legal basis for our use of your personal data are as follows:-
- Consent: where you have consented to our use of your personal data. You may withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data at any time by contacting us.
- Contract performance: where we are required to collect and handle your personal data in order to provide you with the services that we have contractually agreed to provide to you.
- Legal obligation: where we need to use your personal data to comply with our legal obligations.
- Vital interests: where we need to process your personal data in order to protect the vital interests of you or another natural person.
- Public interest: where we need to process your personal data in order to carry out a task that is in the public interest.
- Legitimate interests: where we have a legitimate interest in using your personal data or information and such purpose is not outweighed by any interests that you may have, or any prejudice that you may suffer, from the relevant use of your personal data.
We may use your personal data for marketing and promotional purposes. We may communicate marketing and promotions to you by post, telephone, or online (including by email or through your mobile device or via online banner advertisement) and, as appropriate and where required, we will ask you for your consent, or otherwise provide you with the opportunity to choose not to receive marketing, at the time we collect your data.
We maintain reasonable safeguard measures to protect your personal data in accordance with the requirements of data protection legislation. All personal data collected by us is stored on secure servers with restricted access by authorized personnel only.
We keep all personal data confidential except as permitted or required by law. We do not share or disclose any of your personal data with other companies or organizations without your prior consent. However, certain information may be disclosed incidental to or in the course of our operation to the following parties:-
- any personnel, agent, adviser, auditor, contractor, or service provider who provide services and advice to us in connection with our operation;
- the technicians who help to design and set up our Website;
- business partners of the events that you have registered; and/or
- the person to whom we are required to make disclosure under any law applicable in or outside Hong Kong.
Our retention period for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which it was collected and any other permitted linked purpose. Where personal data is no longer needed, we either irreversibly anonymize the data (in which case we may further retain and use the anonymized data) or securely destroy the data.
You have the right to:-
- access your personal data and have it corrected, amended or deleted (subject to a reasonable charge);
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time;
- receive a copy of your personal data and transit such to others;
- object to our processing of your personal data;
- lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data with your local data protection authority; and
- instruct us to restrict the processing of your personal data pending our investigation and/or verification of your claim.