Thank you for visiting our Website.
We, Hong Kong Productivity Council, pledge to meet fully the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. In doing so, we will ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
Personal Data Collection and Use
Generally speaking, we do not collect any personal data from you and no registration is required in order to gain access to any information provided by our Website.
Like many other websites, we record your visit automatically through cookies, which are some small data structures sent to your computer to record your visit to our Website and to identify you during your future visits. These cookies may be saved permanently in your computer but they are usually harmless. You may disable these cookies but this may affect your browsing of our Website. The types of data collected by us include the browser type and version, the operating system, the IP address and the domain name of the server. This information collected from you will only be used to compile general statistics in relation to the number of visitors to our Website and also the usage of our Website. No personal data will be collected unless you explicitly provide that information to us.
However, personal data may be collected from you on a voluntary basis for some particular purposes or services. The purposes for collecting your personal data which include your name, telephone numbers, address, email address, fax numbers, credit card numbers, name of bank and expiry date, etc, are set out in the respective screens on our Website which invite you to provide your data. Refusal to supply personal data may result in Hong Kong Productivity Council being unable to process your request.
Where personal data is provided by you, we may occasionally send you some promotional materials regarding our products. If you do not wish to receive further promotional materials from us, please e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Hong Kong Productivity Council, HKPC Building, 78 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
When you send us e-mail to make any enquiries, complaints or feedback, we will record your personal data so as to carry out further actions or to do proper follow-ups.
Security of Personal Data
Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Data
Our general policy is to keep all personal data confidential except as permitted or required by law.
The personal data provided will be used for the specified purposes stated by us when collecting such data including without limitation processing of enrolment application, statistical purposes and other related matters. We may provide these personal data to persons authorised to process the information for purposes relating to those specified purposes only.
We do not share any personal data about you with other companies or organizations without your prior consent. However, information may be disclosed incidental to or in the course of our operation to the following parties:
- any personnel, agent, adviser, auditor, contractor, or service provider who provide services and advice to us in connection with our operation
- the technicians who help to design and set up our Website
- the person to whom we are required to make disclosure under any law applicable in or outside Hong Kong
Personal Data Access and Correction
Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you are entitled to be informed by us whether we hold your personal data, to have access to such data and to correct such data if they are inaccurate.
Any such data access request has to be made in writing and be sent to us by mail to: Personal Data Controlling Officer, Hong Kong Productivity Council, HKPC Building, 78 Tat Chee Avenue, Hong Kong, or by e-mail to: email@example.com.
A reasonable fee might be charged for all data access or related requests.
English Version and Chinese Translation
Data Collection and Use
Your personal data may be collected by us on a voluntary basis when you visit our website, attend our events, use our services, register or communicate with us.
The categories of personal data that we may collect, process and use will include:-
- your personal information, contact details such as your name, gender, age, phone number, fax number, correspondence address and email address;
- your interests, preferences, opinions and feedback;
- your responses to market surveys and contests conducted by us; and
- details of your visits to our website and other information collected through cookies and other tracking technology including information that you look at. We may also collect information about you that is publicly available online, including your social media profiles.
We may not collect, process and use your sensitive Personal Data unless your explicit consent has been granted to us.
Your personal data may be processed and/or used by us for the following main purposes:-
- to provide our information and services to you;
- to respond to your inquiries;
- to mail communications, publications, invitations and such like as you may select, request or as we may consider to be relevant to you;
- for general market research; and
- for registration or enrollment of events and courses organized by us or our business partners.
The legal basis for our use of your personal data are as follows:-
- Consent: where you have consented to our use of your personal data. You may withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data at any time by contacting us.
- Contract performance: where we are required to collect and handle your personal data in order to provide you with the services that we have contractually agreed to provide to you.
- Legal obligation: where we need to use your personal data to comply with our legal obligations.
- Vital interests: where we need to process your personal data in order to protect the vital interests of you or another natural person.
- Public interest: where we need to process your personal data in order to carry out a task that is in the public interest.
- Legitimate interests: where we have a legitimate interest in using your personal data or information and such purpose is not outweighed by any interests that you may have, or any prejudice that you may suffer, from the relevant use of your personal data.
We may use your personal data for marketing and promotional purposes. We may communicate marketing and promotions to you by post, telephone, or online (including by email or through your mobile device or via online banner advertisement) and, as appropriate and where required, we will ask you for your consent, or otherwise provide you with the opportunity to choose not to receive marketing, at the time we collect your data.
We will provide an option to unsubscribe or opt out of further communication on any direct marketing communication sent to you at no charge. You may also opt out by contacting us via mail to: Personal Data Controlling Officer, Hong Kong Productivity Council, HKPC Building, 78 Tat Chee Avenue, Hong Kong, or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We maintain reasonable safeguard measures to protect your personal data in accordance with the requirements of data protection legislation. All personal data collected by us is stored on secure servers with restricted access by authorized personnel only.
We keep all personal data confidential except as permitted or required by law. We do not share or disclose any of your personal data with other companies or organizations without your prior consent. However, certain information may be disclosed incidental to or in the course of our operation to the following parties:-
- any personnel, agent, adviser, auditor, contractor, or service provider who provide services and advice to us in connection with our operation;
- the technicians who help to design and set up our Website;
- business partners of the events that you have registered; and/or
- the person to whom we are required to make disclosure under any law applicable in or outside Hong Kong.
Our retention period for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which it was collected and any other permitted linked purpose. Where personal data is no longer needed, we either irreversibly anonymize the data (in which case we may further retain and use the anonymized data) or securely destroy the data.
You have the right to:-
- access your personal data and have it corrected, amended or deleted (subject to a reasonable charge);
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time;
- receive a copy of your personal data and transit such to others;
- object to our processing of your personal data;
- lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data with your local data protection authority; and
- instruct us to restrict the processing of your personal data pending our investigation and/or verification of your claim.
For any data access and correction request or exercise of your rights, please send to us by mail to: Personal Data Controlling Officer, Hong Kong Productivity Council, HKPC Building, 78 Tat Chee Avenue, Hong Kong, or by e-mail to: email@example.com.