Metal Processing Technology
One-stop solution for the metal die casting, sheet metal forming, metal joining, metal machining and metal & non-metal composite materials.
- Advanced Die Casting Technology and Machinery – to conduct technology development, process analysis and manufacturing support to local manufacturers. Latest technology development including vacuum die casting, individual tie bar control and magnesium die casting, etc.
- Sandwich Hybrid Metal-Plastic/Fibre Sheet Forming – to provide lightweight hybrid material sheet part design, process optimisation and manufacturing equipment development support for technology adoption.
- Accumulative Roll Bonding of Dissimilar Metal Materials Sheets – to develop and fabricate tailored properties sheets for stamping by combining two or more metal materials as well as consultancy and turn-key solutions to adopt the technology in-house.
- Refill Friction Stir Spot Welding of Dissimilar Materials – to provide process development, manufacturing support and core equipment for reliable and cost effective joining of dissimilar materials (steel-aluminum, aluminum – plastic, aluminum – CFRP, etc.)
- Metal Fracture Analysis and Product Life Enhancement – to provide consultancy on root cause analysis of fracture metal products and advisory services on design, production, operation and maintenance in achieving extended product life.
- World Class Technology Benchmarking in Mould and Die Making – to provide operations and technology upgrading consultancy and e-platform in benchmarking of business, product development and production operations as well as manufacturing technologies with 100 quantifiable key performance indicators for mould and die makers and in-house tool shops.
- Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) – to provide CAE analysis for the sheet metal forming and die casting process simulation.